Translate

Wednesday 18 October 2017

3.6 In the evangelisation

“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.”
John‬ ‭6:63‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

There is immense spiritual power when you, strengthened by the Holy Spirit, speak of Jesus Christ. To speak with sincerity about Jesus – who He is, what He has done and what He is doing – releases light into darkness and brings hope to the hopeless. It opens a window to the wind of heaven, that the breath of life might break in.

All the forces of darkness and evil want to silence you, to intimidate and prevent you from speaking about Jesus. Because when you do speak about your Lord Jesus, life is released (John 6.63). You have good news to share: news about Jesus Christ, our Saviour and Lord (Colossians 1.26-28). To declare the mystery (Colossians 4.3), the Word of life (1 John 1.1-3). Resolve to be a bearer of the good news that is Jesus Christ (Matthew 11.3-5). Speak it out!


Lord my God, I thank you that you have caught me up in the Good News of Jesus Christ. I give myself to you, afresh, as a herald of your Kingdom come in Jesus; a messenger of mercy and grace, made known through the Cross of Christ. Take me to those with whom I can have conversation and share the message, which is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes. Amen.