Translate

Sunday 1 October 2017

2.5 And faith in the Lord Jesus Christ

“This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the LORD.”
‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭3:21-26‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

The essence of Christian faith lies in personally acknowledging Jesus Christ as Lord. Faith, born by the Holy Spirit out off our Heavenly Father’s love, graciously and generously calling us to be disciples of His Son. Such faith ushers us into the beauty and limitless dimensions of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ. It clothes us in a new way (Ephesians 6.13-19), changing the way we see life (Matthew 5.1-10) and pointing us to an everlasting hope (Hebrews 11.1) rooted in God’s faithfulness.

You are not at the end of the road! God wants you to continue – perhaps even embark - on a path of growth, in increasing measure, into maturity in Jesus Christ. Sometimes that will attract you, sometimes it will scare you. But God’s heart of love is to continue to develop and mature you (Philippians 3.8-12). Keep the faith of Jesus (Revelation 14.12).

Heavenly Father, I thank you for your immense patience with me. Thank you that, even when I falter or fail, you do not give up on me. Your Holy Spirit stirs hope again within me: thank you so much. Now, Father, expand in me a longing and passion to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Deepen and strengthen my faith, that your care and compassion may find greater expression in a love than is in me and through me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.