Translate

Tuesday 10 October 2017

3.3 To bear witness

And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defence to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.”
‭‭I Peter‬ ‭3:13-17‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

God has called you to faith in Jesus Christ, because you are born of God (John 1.13). The Word of God became flesh (John 1.14), bearing your sin in His body, that you might carry and express God’s righteousness in your life now (1 Peter 2.24). As Jesus Christ died for you, you are to live for Him.

In living for Jesus, root yourself in showing gentleness and respect towards others. Be conscious that each person you meet was fashioned by God to bear His image. You are an ambassador of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5.14-20). Seek to reflect Jesus to them, in your manner, your care and your attentiveness towards your neighbour, colleague or client. Witness does not begin with a strategy, a method or a plan. Witness begins with what is in your heart (Romans 10.8-9).


My Lord and my God, I want to carry in my body your presence, your righteousness, in a worshipful way. I want to honour you by expressing respect and love, care and compassion to people around me. In my attitudes and actions, I want my life to invite the question, ‘Why do you behave in this way?’. Help me to be this person, more and more. In Jesus name, Amen