Translate

Thursday 21 September 2017

1.3 in all matters pertaining to faith and practice

“that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; 
that you may know what is the hope of His calling, 
what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 
and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, 
according to the working of His mighty power”
Ephesians‬ ‭1:17-19‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

God wants you to be His delighted, fulfilled child. The perfect Father, God is fully interested in who you are, what you do and how you do it. He is invested in shaping and maturing you to become more and more like His firstborn, Jesus Christ. Jesus is our perfect prototype. Through the Holy Spirit, your heavenly Father would shape you to be more and more like His firstborn Son.

Faith: ‘Forsaking All I Take Him’. Jesus Christ invested in what He saw His heavenly Father doing (John 5.19), always seeking to please His heavenly Father (John 8.25-29). That’s why when we look at Jesus Christ, we see exactly what God our Father is like (Hebrews 1.2-3). In His attitude and by His actions, Jesus demonstrated that He belonged to God (John 10.37). God longs for us to become more and more like Jesus Christ. Do I want that too?

Father in heaven, I want to be more like Jesus. Whatever it takes, make me more like your firstborn Son. In my goals and ambitions, through my words and my actions, I want to love and to listen, to serve and see people saved. May the people around me see and sense something of Jesus Christ in my life, this day and in the days ahead. May your Holy Spirit accomplish this, I pray. 
Amen.