Translate

Thursday 5 March 2015

Pursuing the Presence

I have been hugely challenged by reading the Bible. Again. God has been shouting at me regarding the importance of Pentecostal power.

I love preaching. I reckon I have preached around two and a half thousand different sermons over the last forty years. I still love it. But I get troubled when all there is are words. And audiences. Sometimes, it doesn't surprise me that people give up on church, if that's all that they meet with and nothing else. Words, words and more words.

Because there has to be presence. The tangible presence of God. Miraculous presence that impacts people in a way that brings sometimes conviction, sometimes healing, sometimes deliverance; but always an acute awareness of church being a place where people gather in the Presence, to praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  

Easter comes close again. A path into God's presence is opened for us. Pentecostal power where what God wants now to give us, enabled by Easter, comes crashing into our lives.

Find a way to be there.